Free Bet Terms and Conditions to be Aware of
All free bets have terms and conditions so that both parties – you as the bettor and the bookie themselves – know where they stand. The excellent betting sites we work with are all highly trustworthy and, as huge reputable betting brands you can be sure that the T and C are there purely to explain and clarify the offer, never to catch you out or trick you.
However, terms and conditions, like small print, instruction manuals and Facebook statuses of annoying people you keep meaning to defriend, rarely get read in full. A quick glance, a brisk skim and most people pile into the offer. As said, because all the online bookies we offer free bets with are top notch betting sites, 99% of the time that will be fine and you’ll get the free bet just as you expected.
However, even with bookies that are 100% trustworthy, the fact is that if you don’t stick to the terms of the offer then you probably won’t get your free bet, bonus or enhancement. Naturally that’s very annoying and the easiest way around that issue is to skim the terms just thoroughly enough to understand what you have to do, without going to the lengths to discover that people from Moldova aren’t eligible and bets on Peruvian horse racing don’t count.
That’s what this page is really all about – the key terms and conditions you should look out for when checking the bookies’ information. Here we tell you the main things to look out for when claiming a free bet and also explain what exactly some of the terminology means. Generally speaking if you’re aware of the following free bet essentials you’ll almost certainly never miss out on a free bet again and the time you’ll save by not having to read every line of the T and C will be well spent ditching that girl from school who keep posting pictures of her ugly children!
Key Terms and Conditions of Free Bets
- Time Limits – most free bets and bookmaker welcome bonuses have time limits and these can include the time from when you join to when you deposit, when you first bet, when you claim the free bet and also, most commonly, from when the free bet is granted. You usually get at least seven days at every step of the process – plenty of time – but check with the site you are joining to be sure.
- Odds – most, but not all sites, have minimum odds for the qualifying bet and/or the free bet and any wagering requirements. Some sites will also have maximum odds which again can apply to the free bet, the qualifying bet, or both.
- Wagering – generally speaking stake not returned free bets don’t have any wagering, other than of the actual free bet itself, whilst stake returned free bets normally have a term that states the value of the free bet (and/or qualifier too) must be wagered a certain number of times prior to making a withdrawal.
- In-play Bets and Market Exclusions – many free bets exclude in-play betting, bets that are cashed out or closed early and certain enhanced odds markets. Certain markets may also be excluded, though this is less common.
- Cash or Free Bets – many betting sites offer enhanced odds instead of a free bet when you first join but the bonus payout is often in free bets, not cash. This also often applies to money back betting offers and other ongoing promotions for existing customers.
- New Customers or Existing – it’s usually clear if a free bet or offer is for new customers only but this is worth checking, whilst some sites may class you as an existing customer if you have used their other products, such as the casino, or partner sites.
- Free Bet or Offer Code – some free bets will require you to place a certain code in when you register, whilst some will be added automatically. The code, where applicable, will always be in the terms and conditions.
Whilst that may seem like a lengthy list, many of the factors are obvious and not all will apply at every bookmaker. Ultimately free bets cost the bookie money but they are great marketing and a good way to get new people to their site. Check the terms and conditions for the basics and you have a great chance to make some money but miss something simple like a minimum odds requirement or a time deadline for claiming the free bet and you’ll be kicking yourself!