What are Stake Not Returned Free Bets?
Stake NOT returned free bets are the most common type of free bet around and – unlike the potentially more attractive stake returned free bets – you do not receive your free bet stake as part of your payout, you only get the profit.
For example, say you are using a £25 free bet you have earned to back Manchester City to beat Bayern Munich at odds of 3/1. If City do the business and your bet comes in, if you have placed the bet with a bookie whose free bet offer is stake not returned, you will receive a payout of £75. If, however, your bookie has a stake returned free bet offer, you would also receive your free bet stake along with your winnings, hence a total payout of £100.
While many people therefore prefer to opt for stake returned free bets if they can help it, it should be noted that most such offers have wagering requirements that must be fulfilled before you withdraw any winnings. Conversely, the majority of the bookies offering stake not returned free bets don’t require you to bet through more than once before withdrawing, so really it’s swings and roundabouts.
Instead, we like to focus on the quality of the bookmaker in question, and – rest assured – on FootballBettingHub.com we only work with betting sites we have extensively used ourselves and whom we trust in terms of the fairness of their procedures and the security of customers’ financial and personal data. Of course, we do like them to be generous with the free bet offers too, but often it is the ongoing betting offers and bonuses which really separate the wheat from the chaff.
Back to the matter in hand, and not so long ago (well, around 2004), most bookies would offer stake returned free bets and usually with no additional wagering requirements attached. But bookies have become more clued up in recent years and they have put more resources into their ongoing betting offers in order to retain customers, rather than putting all their eggs in the free bet basket (as customers would often take the free bet and never bet with the bookie again, which is understandable in some cases… i.e. betting sites we wouldn’t dream of representing on this website!).
So take a look at the following bookies, all of whom we can personally vouch for as being very good indeed for football betting, and see which take your fancy.
Betting Sites Who Offer Stake Not Returned Free Bets
As mentioned, most bookies these days offer stake not returned free bets, but not all bookies were created equal in terms of the value of the odds they offer, the quality and regularity of their promotions and bonuses and their levels of customer service. Those listed below represent the best football betting sites around, in our humble opinions, so take a look and see what you think.
18+, T&Cs Apply
- 400% matched free bet: join Coral, bet £5 and get a £20 free bet
- Your first bet must be placed at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50 in decimal odds)
- The free bet must be claimed within 14 days of joining and will be valid for four days after it has been credited to your account
- 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
- Join Ladbrokes and deposit using promo code F50
- You will receive a free bet of between £5 and £50 as a 100% match of your first deposit
- Free bets will be valid for seven days and minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50) apply
- 18+. New customers only. Promo code ‘F50’ required. Certain deposit methods excluded. Min £/€5 on win or each-way bet excluding Tote or pools = match max £/€50 free bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Bet must be made within 14 days. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Single bets only. Free bet cannot be used on certain markets. T&Cs apply.
- Join William Hill and deposit £10 using promo code C30 and place a bet at odds of at least 1/2 (1.5 in decimal)
- You will receive three £10 free bets
- Free bets will be valid for 30 days
- New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- Join BetVictor and deposit of at least £10 using promo and place a £10 bet at odds of at least evens (2.0 in decimal)
- You will receive three £10 free bets and a £10 casino bonus
- Free bets will be valid for 7 days, casino bonus for 3 days
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 2.0 or greater; £30 Free Sports Bet split into 3 bets of £10 each, valid on set events only; Wager must be 40 times the Free Casino Bonus in order to withdraw winnings. Credit or Debit Card deposits only; Deposit and bet of £10 required within 7 days of opening new account, T&C apply.